2 cups cherry tomatoes, quartered or halved
1 small onion chopped
3 TBSP olive oil
Juice of 1 lemon
3 TBSP chopped fresh basil
3 medium zucchini -spiralized
2 cloves garlic, chopped
½ cup of cubed or crumbled feta cheese
¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (or more if you like it HAWT)
½ tsp salt or to taste
⅛ tsp pepper or to taste
- Use a spiralizer to make zucchini noodles. (or you can just julienne them if you don’t have a fancy spiralizer)
- In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of the oil over medium-high heat.
- Toss in the onions and sauté until golden, add the tomatoes
- Add the garlic and cook, stirring frequently until fragrant, about 30 seconds (you don’t want it to burn).
- Now add the zucchini noodles, and the salt, pepper and red pepper flakes, sauté about 4 minutes,
- Squeeze your lemon over the pan but be careful of escaping seeds.
- Remove from pan and serve topped with feta and fresh basil and drizzle the last tablespoon of olive oil
Here is a video I found called “Tips for Spiralizing Vegetables”. Check it out.