- ½ cup walnuts (or any other nut you have on hand)
- ½ cup almonds
- 3 TBSP cacao powder
- 1 pinch of ground vanilla bean
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 2 TBSP almond butter
- 4 TBSP cold water
- 12 medjool dates pits removed
- ¼ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 4 tablespoons protein powder (I used collagen powder from Vital proteins)
- sliced almonds broken up with the back of a spoon for rolling in
- If the dates are hard, once the pits are removed and they are roughly chopped, place them in a bowl of warm water for about 10 minutes to soften.
- Once your dates are soft, place all ingredients (except the almond butter) in a food processor and mix until well combined.
- Add the almond butter and blend until a thicker dough-like consistency forms (about 2-3 minutes)
- Form with your hands into equal-sized balls, roughly 1 inch in diameter.
- Finish by rolling balls in chopped slivered almonds.
You can roll the balls in shredded coconut, or any other slivered nut.