Apple Marinade Pork
By The Food Coach, Jennifer Bruer
4 pork cutlets (any boneless cut will do)
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup apple juice
1 tsp dijon mustard
3 tbsp pure maple syrup
2 tsp dried oregano
1/4 tsp each of salt and pepper
1 tbsp coconut oil, ghee, or butter
- Use a meat hammer to pound the pork cutlets to 1/4-1/8 inch thickness. Cut small slits around the edges of the cutlets to prevent curling.
- In a small bowl, combine vinegar, apple juice, mustard, maple syrup, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Place pork chops and marinade in a container with a lid.
- Refrigerate a minimum of 2 hours (or over night is fine too).
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add pork chops and cook on either side for 4 minutes, or until the chops reach an internal temperature of around 145 to 160.
- Remove pork from pan, allow to rest 3 minutes and serve*.
*Serve over a bed of grilled vegetables which can also be tossed with the same marinade before grilling.