By Jenn Bruer
1 cup raw almonds
1 cup raw pecans
1 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
1/3 cup raw cashews
1/3 cup raw walnuts
1/3 cup raw sunflower seeds
1/3 cup raw pumpkin seeds
1/2 cup butter (or coconut oil if you are dairy sensitive)
1/2 cup honey
1 tbsp cinnamon
1 ripe banana mashed smooth
- In a small sauce pan melt on LOW heat the butter and honey.
- In a food processor (or blender) combine the nuts, seeds, cinnamon and coconut. Pulse until the almonds are about half to a quarter in size but NOT fully crushed, the mixture should still be quite chunky.
- Transfer the pulsed nuts and seeds to a bowl.
- Pour over the melted butter and honey.
- Stir well with a wooden spoon.
- Stir in the mashed banana.
- Place in dehydrator in small “chunks” for approximately 8 to 12 hours or until crunchy- like granola. All dehydrators vary so a little longer may be in order.
- Let the mixture cool and then break up into bite sized pieces.
This can be eaten like a cereal served with cooked apples and raisins, a sprinkle of coconut palm sugar, with some coconut milk on-top!
If you want to make this into a party like “trail-mix” you can also add other dehydrated fruits like banana chips, raisins, dark chocolate chunks, dried apples, etc. This is always a hit with my friends at parties.