By The Food Coach, Jennifer Bruer
If you haven’t heard of Kale Chips you are seriously missing out! They are amazing- oh and HEALTHY.
A bunch of Kale
1 tbsp olive oil (or more depending on how much Kale ya got!)
Dash of salt
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment.
- Cut and discard the thick spine leaving just the leaves. Cut into bite size pieces.
- Wash well & DRY the kale (I use a salad spinner or paper towel). I can’t stress enough-they must be quite DRY or they won’t crisp well.
- Toss the kale in a bowl with about 1 tbsp of olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Each leaf should glisten with oil but not be sopping wet.
- EVENLY spread them out on the baking sheet- if they are over-lapping the ones underneath won’t be crispy.
- Bake about 10 to 15 minutes, watch carefully- they burn easily.
- Once cooled they become crispier.
I like to add a few dashes of chili powder but any other spice would also work- plain old salt is great on it’s own too.